Valuable Example Of A Compare And Contrast Essay
If you would read an example of a compare and contrast essay, you will notice that two objects, people, things or ideas have been compared and contrasted. This means, that their similarities and differences are being emphasized. Their structure is quite simple but still, it is important to learn them.
Structure of a compare and contrast essay
An example of a compare and contrast essay would have this structure:
- Introduction: Introductory paragraph is the first paragraph and the writer is supposed to clarify what is being contrasted and compared as well as to write few major lines. Introduction has to be extremely interested so that the reader is tempted to read the rest of your article. A good introduction sets an image that the article is of high quality. Usually seen in some example of a compare and contrast essay, good articles usually have some kind of surprising fact etc.
- Body: The similarities and differences that you have researched are now to be compiled in few paragraphs, depending on the format you use.
- There should be strong topic sentences to present a nice opening to the reader and all the paragraphs must be linked with each other for the essay to make sense. The reader should face any difficulty in order to understand the text which you have written and for that proper language must be used and the text must be well organized. In other words, reader must enjoy reading your article and understand the reasons you have mentioned like in an example of a compare and contrast essay.
- You must read the body critically and the topic sentence must summarize the paragraphs main point or theme.
- It is better if you show it to another person before submitting or publishing your essay as he will have another point of view and will rate you on how good your article is.
- Conclusion: The conclusion must summarize all the main differences and similarities and the ending must be strong enough to leave an effect on the reader. As you will see in a quality example of a compare and contrast essay, the endings are always very strong.
- Words like these are often found in example of a compare and contrast essay: Although, however, meanwhile, in contrast, where, against, yet, after all, but, compared to and by comparison etc.