Compare And Contrast Essay
With compare and contrast essay examples you can know the kind of facts that your essay requires. By going through few of compare and contrast essay examples; you can also get a fair idea of the proper format for different topics. You might read some compare and contrast essay examples that are very much related to your topic.
Compare and contrast essay examples and tips
- Reading several compare and contrast essay examples can make the writing of your own essay much easier for you. We practice comparison and contrast daily in our routine decisions when we have to choose one from two. The only difference is that these essays are in written form. It can be a comparison of anything; locations, individuals, events or objects etc.
- To get a clearer picture of what to write, read as many compare and contrast essay examples as you can. You are required to follow a basic format which contains of an introductory paragraph followed by at least three body paragraphs and finally, the conclusion.
- Introductory paragraph must be interesting enough to keep the reader interested so s/he goes through the rest of your essay. Boring opening can result in low marks too. You must also mention your thesis statement here which would sum up everything you are going to write but it should be elaborated later on in the body. Read compare and contrast essay examples to know some interesting starting lines.
- There basically two ways of writing body paragraphs:
- Write each similarity and difference simultaneously in one paragraph. If you choose this method, you are probably going to have about 5 to 6 body paragraphs in total at the end.
- You can write similarities in one paragraph, differences in another and then compare both of them in the next paragraph.
It totally depend on you which format you have practiced more and what sort of format will be most suitable for your topic. You can know all this by reading compare and contrast essay examples.
- In your concluding paragraph, that is, your last paragraph, you are supposed to write your thesis statement again. Try ending it in a way similar to that in the compare and contrast essay examples.
So it is not very difficult to write compare and contrast essay but with compare and contrast essay examples, you can do it much better. There are supposed to be three parts to it, the introductory part must be interesting so that the reader continues to read it. There are two formats for the body paragraph and the concluding paragraph must have a proper ending with the thesis statement stated again.
Guidance With Compare Contrast Essay Topics
These topics are of varying difficultly level as they are targeted to audiences of all levels. Some of the topics might be good for the students of high school while other may be right of the ones in college as they might require extensive research etc.
Choosing the right compare contrast essay topics and writing an essay
- Mentioned below are brief guidelines on how to write a compare and contrast essay:
- Choose a topic: First you need to choose the right compare contrast essay topics to have a clear idea what to write.
- Brainstorm: This will make your research easier as you will know what you are looking for.
- Research and Analysis: You need to gather all the information you find and then filter out the unnecessary and irrelevant one.
- Prepare your thesis: Highlight all the important points to make sure that they are covered in the essay.
- Essay Outline: write a rough draft of your essay first with proper format and structure.
- Write your Essay: Now it is time to write the actual essay. Use the useful information you have gathered and all the work done in the previous steps. Write a proper final essay by writing an interesting introductory paragraph, at least 3 body paragraphs and a nice concluding paragraph.
- Citation and References: It is necessary to give credit to the sources from which you have picked up your information.
Here are some compare and contrast essay samples:
Comparison Between Preludes and American Beauty
Compare and Contrast the work of Harry Harlow and Mary Ainsworth on Understanding Attachment
Compare and Contrast two accounts of the Role of the Census in making up the UK Population
Get More Samples
Here is a list of some compare contrast essay topics and what genre do they belong to.
- Frivolous compare contrast essay topics
- Prom Night and Halloween Night
- Your Archenemy and Your Best Friend
- Elle Magazine and Vogue Magazine
- Compare contrast essay topics related to people and personalities
- Joseph Stalin and Adolf Hitler
- Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln
- Napoleon Bonaparte and Joseph Stalin
- Compare contrast essay topics related to Governments, Warns and Revolution
- Former USSR with Current Russia
- Democracy vs. Communism
- Fascism vs. Nazism
- Compare contrast essay topics related to Eras and Time Periods
- 21st Century and 18th Century
- Pop Culture in 1990s and Pop Culture in 1960s
- Life of the future vs. Life in the past